UK Meter Installation Standards Available

I have received, and sent to SCE, SDG&E, and PG&E, a copy of the meter
installation standards for the UK. These standards were developed in 1994
to enable third parties to install meters.

(Please note that the UK metering problems of 1994 resulted from lack of
oversight of customers installing meters and unqualified meter installers,
not from problems with the standards. In my due diligence visits to the UK
last year and last month, all of my contacts - utilities, regulators, Pool
and Grid members - believed that the 1994 problems have been solved for
1998 by making the ESPs responsible for certifying and validating proper
meter installation. This is, of course, the same approach we are taking in
California.)

I suggest we consider using the UK standards, as applicable, as a starting
point to speed up their own work and avoid having to re-invent the wheel.

Please send me an e-mail if you would like a copy by snail mail (the
standards are too long to e-mail).

Chris

.