1999 Static Load Profiles

> December 23, 1998
>
>  TO:    	Entities on SCE's ESP Services E-Mail Listing
> 	Load Profiling Exploder List
> 	Rule 22 Exploder List
>  	Steve Roscow, CPUC
>  	ALJ John Wong, CPUC
>
>  cc:	CPUC Direct Access Website - Load Profiling Workshop
>
>  From:    Cyrus Sorooshian-Tafti, SCE (soroosc@sce.com)
>
>  Subject: 1999 Static Load Profiles
>
> SCE has created and posted static load profiles for 11 rate groups to its
> website,
http://www.sce-esp.com/eca/loadprofiling/lp.htm. These profiles should be
used for  PX/SC and ISO settlement for 1999. These class average load
profiles were created using the same methodology as for our 1998 load
profiles, except that they were updated by using 1994-1996 load data.  For
information regarding the file format, description of the load profiles,
methodology, and the mapping of rate schedules to the posted load profiles,
please refer to the website.

> Since April, 1,1998, SCE has been creating and posting dynamic load
> profiles (DLP) for the other three rate groups: Domestic (residential),
> GS-1  (small commercial), and GS-2 (medium commercial/industrial). These
> DLPs are posted daily to the same website and should be used for PX/SC and
> ISO settlement for customers in these three rate groups.
>
> At an ESP open house, SCE distributed a protocol which sets forth the
> specific procedures which ESPs (or their SCs) should use for determining
> hourly usage for customers with cumulative meters.  A copy of this
> protocol is posted at our website for your reference.  Other information
> regarding SCE load profiling can also be found at the same web site and in
> Chapter 16 of SCE's ESP Handbook.
>
> ESPs with questions regarding the posted load profiles should contact
> SCE's ESP Services group at espsvcs@sce.com.  A courtesy copy or e-mail
> note to me (soroosc@sce.com) regarding any inquiry related to load
> profiling would be appreciated.

Cyrus Sorooshian-Tafti