New VEE Draft

Chris King - please forward to MUG mailing list.  Thanks!

Attached is a revised version of the VEE document.  Major changes are as
follows:
1.  Incorporating Interval Data VEE clarifications based on earlier input
2.  Drafting an initial starting point for monthly VEE rules based on the MDCS
Workshop Report and CPUC decision
3.  Moving questions, etc, to appendices
4.  Adding an appendix listing areas where the document differs from the MDCS
Workshop Report
5.  Breaking it into two documents - a main body and appendices, each with
tables of contents (maybe at some point I can get some help from a technical
writer with formatting, etc, but for now this will have to do!)

Changes from version 1.3 are marked as revisions in Word.  There are a lot of
questions regarding the monthly data - if anyone wants to propose answers
before the conference call, that would speed up the process for everyone.

I would like to schedule a conference call the week of April 6th to:
1.  Review Interval Data changes
2.  Start discussions of monthly rules

Possible times for the conference call are:
April 8 at 10:00 am PST (1:00 pm EST)
April 9 at 10:00 am PST (1:00 pm EST)
April 10 at 10 am PST (1:00 pm EST)
If you want to participate in the conference call, please email me at
kathy.smith@ustra.mail.abb.com with which times you are available.  THIS IS
ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR THE "EXPERTS" FROM THE UDCS.  If possible, I'd like
your responses by 12:00 noon PST Wednesday, April 1.  (We're moving offices,
and the end of next week and beginning of the following week may be challenging
in terms of accessing email and the internet!)  I'll schedule the call based on
availability and post the information.

Realistically, we may also need a meeting to work out some of the details,
especially on monthly.  I would propose Monday, April 27, in San Francisco -
tentatively at Cellnet's facilities (I still need to check with Tom Lofgren).
This is the day before the PSWG meetings April 28-29.  If we resolve everything
via conference calls, we'll cancel the meeting - but I don't know if we'll be
that lucky.

It has also been suggested that we work up some sample scenarios, where sample
data is used to walk through the rules and show how they apply.  Please let me
know if you are interested in this as well.

Thanks!

Kathy Smith, ABB
Phone (before April 3) - 919-233-5632
Phone (after April 3) - 919-250-5429