Use of EDI for Non-Usage Meter Data

From:  Jim Price, ORA

As included in the meeting notes from the PSWG/ MDMA committee's 3/30/98
meeting, one item in Conrad Eustis' proposals was adoption of the
10/15/97 RSIF Meter Specific Information Flows Report.  It was noted
that a data format needs to be identified or developed.

Because of overlaps between the meter-specific information flow and the
Direct Access Service Request (DASR) process, and because Electronic
Data Interchange (EDI) (using the ANSI X12 standard) is being used for
DASRs (currently by SCE and SDG&E, with PG&E to follow), I plan to
propose EDI as the format for the meter-specific information flows,
using an extension of the same "transaction set" (# 814) used for DASRs.
Time has not permitted completion of a detailed proposal for
presentation at next week's meeting, but I am in the process of
preparing a proposal for the following meeting.

.