RE: Questions about Interval VEE rules

I agree with Valerie & Kathy regarding item 2; item 1 is not so clear.  The
methodology used in examples D & C in Valerie's document are what I thought
would be used.  I think there are 2 important issues here:  1) There is a
flaw, as Valerie pointed out, in using the methodology for examples C & D;
if the power outage is for an extended period of time the first point
(interval) might not be accurate.   Unless we want to add language that
specifies: "use method C or D if  the power outage is less than 2 hours in
length and method A if the power outage exceeds 2 hours in length"  this
problem will exist.  And 2) is the consistency issue concerning power outage
intervals. I agree with Valerie that intervals during power outages must be
considered as actual in order to be consistent with the rest of the
document.

I just wanted to mention that we are really splitting hairs here!

H. John VanderLinde
San Diego Gas & Electric
Analyst - Customer Service Policy Support
Phone: (619) 654-8380  Fax: (619) 654-8393