RE: Agenda Item "SCE's Request to Streamline Rule 22"

Don -

In general, I have no problem with what SCE has proposed.  [The single
exception is the proposed change to §G3.  Is there a specific objection to
prohibiting the conditioning of a customer's return to Edison Bundled
Service upon removal of a meter meeting CPUC required specifications?  If
so, let's talk it out, rather than eliminating the prohibition outright.]

I would like some deference to (or recognition of) the stated idea from
D97-10-087, "to eventually have all the UDCs in this state using a uniform
direct access tariff."  Last year, it was suggested that the UDCs confer
regarding uniform changes, at least, rather than moving one UDC at a time,
in different directions (which would lead to diverging tariffs rather than
converging ones).

Finally, events of the past year may suggest a different set of revamps for
Rule 22, to minimize anachronisms (e.g.: §G2 reference to "MDCS workshop").
A fine-toothed combing might be in order (e.g.: deleting, rather than
modifying, the last sentence of §G1c.)

Peter

Peter Bray
Manager, California
   Electric Deregulation
PG&E Energy Services
peter.bray@pgees.com
415/733-4752
415/733-4963 fax

PG&E Energy Services is not the same company as Pacific Gas and Electric
Company.  PG&E Energy Services is not regulated by the California Public
Utilities Commission; and you do not have to buy PG&E Energy Services
products in order to continue to receive quality regulated services from
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, the utility.