Notes from Conf Call on DASR Bus Policies (2/26)

    I realize that this note might not reach some people "in flight" to the
upcoming DA meetings in San Francisco, but I wanted to update everyone on
the results of the Conference Call we had Friday (2/26) on the DASR/Account
Maintenance Business Policies.  I have attached the NEW version of that
document which highlights in Red and Italics the items (Policies,
Agreements, Comments, and Action Items) that were brought up during the
Conference Call.  If anyone catches omissions, mistakes, or other
inaccuracies in the document, please bring it to my attention immediately so
it can be corrected.  Basically, though, we now have a documented set of
consistent Business Rules to guide us in our system changes as we transition
to the new EDI 814 format.

		 <<DASR - Acct Maint Bus Policies (2-26-99).doc>>

    First, I want to thank all those who participated in the Conference Call
or had supplied comments earlier for sharing their ideas and working towards
resolution and follow-up action on the remaining issues.  The following is
the list of participants (as best as I could make notes) on the Conference
Call:
	SCE:  Mark Schindel, Tracy Mesco, Tom McLeod, Wendy Brubaker,
Heather Collins
	SDG&E:  Doug Kozik, Mike Gunzelman
	PG&E:  Ryan Goldman, Janice Wong, Kim Hollenbeck
	ORA:  Jim Price
	New West Energy:  Vince Galuzzi
	Commonwealth Energy:  Pat Howard, Lori Oliver, Jeff Warner
	PG&EES:  Bob Mullen, Kevin, Kozminski
	Orcom:  Brian McFaden
	Phaser:  Danny Walters
	Seattle City Lights:  Sue Kuehl
	World Wide Energy:  Junona Jonas
(My apologies for any misspellings and to anyone I inadvertently left off
this list who participated; feel free to identify yourself to me or the
group.)

    There were several key items that will require follow-up discussions and
work:
	a)  What level of significance should be placed on Schedule
Coordinator data?
	b)  How should the Meter Numbers best be communicated, or is this
less significant with the planned use of the SDP?
	c)  What level of reliance should be placed on the SDP, initially?

    Also, it is clear that the DASR Consistency subteam needs to schedule
some meetings in the coming month to finalize documentation for data
dictionary, mapping guides, and process flow based on the results on these
Business Policy decisions.

    These results will be presented at the upcoming OCC (3/2) and Rule 22
(3/3) meetings for further review, discussion, and acceptance.

Regards,
   Mark Schindel
   Southern California Edison Co

DASR_-_Acct_Maint_Bus_Policies_(2-26-99).doc