Re: Proposed VEE definitions for PSWG glossary

I agree with Bill's suggestion - we can also incorporate these definitions into
the VEE documents themselves to make them more standalone documents, which is
typically how they are used.  Thanks Bill!

Kathy Smith, ABB

        bill.buckley@itron.com
07/01/98 09:56 PM
To: Kathy Smith/Raleigh/USTRA/ABB@ABB_USTRA@ABB_NOTES

 pswg@dradmin.cpuc.ca.gov @ usinet
pswg3web@dradmin.cpuc.ca.gov @ usinet
jvanderl@sdge.com @ usinet
ddc2@pge.com @ usinet
dirksjd@sce.com @ usinet
valerie@energyinteractive.com @ usinet
VJM3@pge.com @ usinet
tom.lofgren@cellnet.com @ usinet
dciruli@energyinteractive.com @ usinet
diane.rihn@lgeenergy.com @ usinet
JECo@pge.com @ usinet
colwella@sce.com @ usinet
garciah1@sce.com @ usinet
hillrm@sce.com @ usinet
MSL6@pge.com @ usinet
jroome@sdge.com @ usinet
"/S=estradam/PRMD=ABB/ADMD=ATTMAIL/C=US/@EMX.ABB.COM"@usinet
Subject: Re: Proposed VEE definitions for PSWG glossary

At 5:41 AM -0700 7/1/98, kathy.smith@USTRA.mail.abb.com wrote:
>As requested at last week's PSWG meeting, I have attempted to pull some
>definitions out of the VEE documents for inclusion in the glossary.  Please
>feel free to comment, add terms, etc.  I couldn't find or come up with a
>definiton for interval data that I liked - does anyone have one to contribute?
>Thanks!
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:vee_definitions.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (00002AC5)

Kathy:

The definitions you list are most specific to VEE, and are appropriate to
include in a glossary, but I would also leave them in your VEE sections at
the risk of redundancy, as the VEE interests are often different from other
subjects in the report and a modular VEE section that stands on it's own
would be more usable to the "VEE" reader if everything was in one document
or adjacent to the VEE section....just a thought...

Interval data is really two terms...a noun with an adjective, you may
consider defining separately.....it seems to me that INTERVAL DATA = Data
collected during periods of fixed length, with such periods being a subset
of a longer period(s). For example 96,  15 minute intervals would mean
collecting  daily data with a granularity of resolution of 15
minutes.....just another thought..

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Bill B