Re: Proposed VEE definitions for PSWG glossary

I agree with Bill - we can incorporate these definitions into the VEE documents
themselves as well as the PSWG glossary.  This will make the VEE documents more
standalone, which is typically how they're used.  Thanks Bill!

Kathy Smith, ABB

        bill.buckley@itron.com
07/01/98 09:56 PM
To: Kathy Smith/Raleigh/USTRA/ABB@ABB_USTRA@ABB_NOTES

 pswg@dradmin.cpuc.ca.gov @ usinet
pswg3web@dradmin.cpuc.ca.gov @ usinet
jvanderl@sdge.com @ usinet
ddc2@pge.com @ usinet
dirksjd@sce.com @ usinet
valerie@energyinteractive.com @ usinet
VJM3@pge.com @ usinet
tom.lofgren@cellnet.com @ usinet
dciruli@energyinteractive.com @ usinet
diane.rihn@lgeenergy.com @ usinet
JECo@pge.com @ usinet
colwella@sce.com @ usinet
garciah1@sce.com @ usinet
hillrm@sce.com @ usinet
MSL6@pge.com @ usinet
jroome@sdge.com @ usinet
"/S=estradam/PRMD=ABB/ADMD=ATTMAIL/C=US/@EMX.ABB.COM"@usinet
Subject: Re: Proposed VEE definitions for PSWG glossary

At 5:41 AM -0700 7/1/98, kathy.smith@USTRA.mail.abb.com wrote:
>As requested at last week's PSWG meeting, I have attempted to pull some
>definitions out of the VEE documents for inclusion in the glossary.  Please
>feel free to comment, add terms, etc.  I couldn't find or come up with a
>definiton for interval data that I liked - does anyone have one to contribute?
>Thanks!
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:vee_definitions.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (00002AC5)

Kathy:

The definitions you list are most specific to VEE, and are appropriate to
include in a glossary, but I would also leave them in your VEE sections at
the risk of redundancy, as the VEE interests are often different from other
subjects in the report and a modular VEE section that stands on it's own
would be more usable to the "VEE" reader if everything was in one document
or adjacent to the VEE section....just a thought...

Interval data is really two terms...a noun with an adjective, you may
consider defining separately.....it seems to me that INTERVAL DATA = Data
collected during periods of fixed length, with such periods being a subset
of a longer period(s). For example 96,  15 minute intervals would mean
collecting  daily data with a granularity of resolution of 15
minutes.....just another thought..

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Bill B