Energy Division Request for Extension of Time

The attached letter was mailed today to the CPUC's Executive Director in
order to request an extension of time for the Energy Division to enforce
compliance with Ordering Paragraphs 2 and 3 of the Commission's Decision
on permanent metering standards (D.98-12-080).  Basically, we are
requesting a delay, to August 1st, of the requirement that DA-compliant
meters be "self-certified" by manufacturers and listed on the
Commission's website.  We are ready to go with the website, but we have
not received the necessary documentation from all but one manufacturer.
Check out the letter, and let me know if you have any additional
questions.

The letter is also being mailed to the entire Service List for Electric
Restructuring.

Steve Roscow
CPUC Energy Division
415-703-1189